A new HeliOS firmware is now available!
- Wireless client OS detection
- Audio streaming support for Sparks and SunSpots (configurable from the Cloud - we'll blog more about this feature later this week)
- Client probe request data push settings aka Presence API (configurable from the cloud)
Fixes and Enhancements
- Major client WDS stability improvements
- The troubleshooting file collection procedure was updated to remove sensitive passwords and keys from the configuration files
- Fixed some WPA-EAP Radius MAC Auth UI-related issues
- Exposed remote syslog settings on the System page
- Fixed a radsec-related issue where the secondary RADIUS server was not being used when the first was unavailable
- Telnet and SSH access are now disabled from over the WAN by default
- Minor regulatory power changes for India and Japan
- Added some additional hotspot/coovachilli-related settings (default landing page, swap octets, etc)
- Cloud agent: added certificate validation
- Cloud agent: improved configuration versioning
- Cloud agent: added ability to connect to the Cloud's XMPP servers on port 443 in addition to the standard 5222 port
- Other misc bug fixes and improvements
What devices does this benefit?
This firmware applies to our HeliOS-based product families, which includes the Spark, SunSpot, and the SkyFire product lines.
We'll blog separately about firmware releases for the MetroLinq product family.
How do I get the new firmware?
You can download new firmware from our support site's firmware download page or upgrade from the cloud.