- Wireless SSID mirroring: You can now mirror SSIDs on devices with multiple radios so that you don't have to create and manage the same SSID from both the 2.4 and 5 GHz Wireless tabs.
Once an SSID is activated on both radios, editing one SSID record will cause the other to be updated automatically.
You can check out the new "Activate on Radio" setting on the 5 Ghz and 2.4 GHz Wireless configuration tabs, from either the site or device-level configuration pages.
Enabling on existing sites: In order to enable this feature on your existing device or site configuration (where you have SSIDs with the same name on both radios), start by navigating to either the 2.4 or 5 GHz Wireless configuration tabs.
From there, select the SSID you'd like to mirror, and click the edit icon.
Next, enable both of the "5 Ghz" and "2.4 Ghz" options next to the "Activate on radio" label.
Once you complete this step, you will have created a duplicate SSID on the other radio.
To fix this, simply navigate to the other radio's Wireless configuration tab, and click the "Delete" button when you see the duplicate SSID error message:
Now save your configuration, and you're finished!
Note: SSIDs created with the "Express Setup" on new sites will automatically be mirrored by default.
Other notable changes
- We've updated the login page to use a stronger captcha and added more stringent password requirements.
- We just finished the migration to our new and more scalable historical time-series data storage solution. (It's faster too!)
- We've added more audit-related information to system activity events, and will continue expanding on this in the future. We want to make sure you know who made changes to you cloud, what the exact changes were, when they were made, and even the possible consequences of those changes.
- Lots of bug fixes, small enhancements, and redesigns.
What's coming up
- v1.1.3 firmware for HeliOS-based devices is in the final testing stages.
- Metrolinq PtMP Support is continuing to be developed.